amazon sr program manager interview

Would you like us to review something? Would you like us to review something? Everything starts with a short, screening interview. Amazon never give any feedback not even when or if you should reapply. It may bot be for everyone since you have to be strong, assertive and willing to accommodate ambiguity if … Amazon has a job leveling system that determines your salary and seniority within the organization. Finally, no Amazon interview is complete without participation from a Bar-raiser. The interviews were rude, difficult and downright made me not want to work for Amazon. Had 2 long phone screens. Amazon needs to connect their interviewers feedback and cascade notes from earlier discussions in time . I received no feedback after the interview (after 6 weeks). I applied online. these interviews were less technical and more about culture and personality. … I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2017. FREE Shipping on your first order shipped by Amazon. Scouted by a recruiter and who helped start the process. 2 % Difficulty 107 Ratings. Completed writing exercise in the mean time. Was referred internally by a friend for a Senior Technical Program Manager position in the AWS team. When you're overseeing a large portfolio of projects, how do you determine if a project is healthy or at risk? Second round was two more back to back video interviews (45 minutes each). 3. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2020. I applied online. The interview will focus primarily on your fit with amazon to understand your working style. 1 round of phone interview, if they find you good, next round will be Onsite interview with 5-6 employees. Experience. Getting an Interview. Get the top rated Amazon Interview Questions here- Also check- Amazon quiz /… Getting an Interview. Interviews at Amazon. The process took 3 weeks. 19 % Employee Referral. PS: I currently work for a fortune 100 company. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2017. I am thinking he would be the one who would have gone negative on me, I was surprised when I heard that I am not selected as out of 6- if 4 rounds were good , you will start feeling confident of selection but I always doubted of the last round due to negative vibes emitted. I applied through an employee referral. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job that’s right for you. Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone. I have been an interviewer and been interviewed by top tier companies before and this was by far the most frustrating experience for me. 4. Campus Recruiting . I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017. Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it. … That's my biggest issue. If they thought I am not perfect they should not have gone forward. I applied through a recruiter. First round was online survey assessment followed by a time writing exercise on an innovative thing you've done. how much time on program management? Amazon goes to great lengths to ensure that they are hiring the right people. Interview. Standard amazon principles questions. One should also know how to define data abstraction and its importance. I followed up the next day via email and also the next week via email. Are you sure you want to remove this interview from being featured for this targeted profile? Interviews at Amazon. I applied online. The senior management interview questions differ from regular assessments as you should demonstrate that you are an experienced professional. The phone interviews were good and very pertinent to the job. This will replace the current featured interview for this targeted profile. Talk about a time when you had to convince a group of people to do something, Talk about a time when you had to earn someones trust. Maybe let candidates know if a position fills by the time they interview. We discussed my skills and b/g at length to ensure there isnt any mismatched and in next few days I got a follow-up call for phone screen. company-updates.categories.employee-story, Amazon Principal Technical Program Manager Jobs, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Seattle, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in San Francisco, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Sunnyvale, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in San Jose, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Mountain View, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Santa Clara, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Bellevue, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Redmond, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in New York, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Palo Alto, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in San Mateo, Senior Technical Program Manager Jobs in Menlo Park, 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, Google Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Microsoft Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Facebook Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Amazon Lab126 Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Apple Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Salesforce Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Deloitte Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Oracle Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Visa Inc. Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Walmart eCommerce Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, Uber Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, PwC Senior Technical Program Manager Reviews, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Seattle, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in San Francisco, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Sunnyvale, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in San Jose, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Mountain View, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Santa Clara, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Bellevue, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Redmond, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in New York, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Palo Alto, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in San Mateo, Senior Technical Program Manager Salaries in Menlo Park, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? How would you launch a project without executive support and get support from other teams and resources allocated? 18 % More. The process took 5+ weeks. To such belong: 1. 5 of us applied to the same role. The hiring process is a lottery process. Interview went for an hour. Instead of giving me a good picture of expectations this person decided to grill me further on what i understood about the expectations from this role and what recruiter had told me. The process took a week. Heard back from the recruiter within 2 days of the phone interview. Take these guys way too long to complete the interview processes. 47 % Recruiter. Got two rounds of phone interview followed by a full day of inperson panel interview. The questions were 100% behavioral based that are intended to be related to Amazons leadership principals. Can you tell me how you execute a project? All phone based, set up by HR with numerous people on each. Phone screen w hiring manager was set up quickly. 112 Amazon Senior Technical Program Manager interview questions and 92 interview reviews. Amazon is the world’s largest and one of the best online retailer, selling everything from books to shampoo and hairpin to television, and lots of people want to work there. 1) how much time you spend on technical? One of the interviewer had 9 years of working experience but had no idea about the job requirement that was posted. The process took 7 weeks. If selected then recruiter follow up for scheduling onsite interview. 21 % Negative. I was putting up for good 30 min and patiently answering questions hoping it was just how he sounded on the phone. Thanks for the heads up. Hiring 29 Interview Questions Amazon Uses to Find the Best Employees At the world's largest online retailer, it'll take more than just cookie-cutter answers to stand out. It is not a traditional environment and they couldn't explain the business plan or structure. #HereYouCanGoAnywhere Come build the future with us: https://amzn.to/2IKMlNU, Meet Rovina, Principal Product Manager at Amazon. Went for onsite loop interviewed with 5 people, 4 team and 1 bar raiser. 8 Questions You Should Absolutely Ask An Interviewer, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. It is the jeans, t-shirts, and backpack culture as advertised. A recruiter reached out to me for Amazon Catalog team Sr TPM position. I'd done my homework and prepped for LP STAR questions etc. Towards the end when it was time for me to ask questions, I asked him about the role and expectations from TPM. Go through leadership principles and understand … This disconnect probably have affected my interview .At the EOD , my gut is ,I did well . First with hiring manager and then senior staff in the team. Started with recruiting team calling, followed by phone screening and then all seven formal rounds. 29 % Getting an Interview 110 Interview Reviews. Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove reviews. How would you move from V1 to V2 from a , what will be your plan. Onsite interview is 5 rounds of interview. (In the process the hiring manager had changed). Where do you see yourself in five years time? 22 % Negative. Bar raiser was last of day and they seemed uninterested like they would rather be somewhere else. I had 4 good rounds ,1 average round but the last interview taken by the guy, I felt he was not fair in taking interview. I applied through a recruiter. Amazon-Senior-Technical-Program-Manager-Onsite-Interview-215 Rooftop Slushie Home. Free interview details posted anonymously by Amazon interview candidates. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2019. I was invited onsite for 6 rounds of interviews and also was given a written interview question to attempt and submit prior to the final round of interviews. His question was very hypothetical and I felt was feeling inferior due to the jargon's I was using. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in June 2018. Please describe the problem with this {0} and we will look into it. Program Manager for 45 minutes over the phone. 00 $39.95 $39.95. The first round of interviews was with a Sr. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, Senior Technical Program Manager Inter­views, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Pathetic to say the very least. Many of them are good in their job so expect some good design questions based on your past experience but there were will few who will be just taking your interview for rejection(Just in case if they find you better than them) as they are not upto date with market standards them-self.Overall most of them were good but lot of hypothetical questions. Tell me about a time when you disagreed on a solution with another team. There were no trick questions, The phone screen questions were specific to the program. In the mean time, look for better options, there are better companies out there that never do as much advertising as Amazon. The "bar raisers" interview . 49 % Recruiter. Right after I was done answering one of my questions describing in detail my role in a situation, one of the interviewer asked me, "so what was your role in the given situatuon". 12 % In-Person. About 8 different people interviewed through the day one on one. But i made my peace with it because being selected for the role would mean I would be working with them in the future. 49 % Neutral. I applied online. You have a service V1 , V2 has been developed recently but not being consumed this service internally is being consumed by 100 systems. 2. The process took 2 days. We sifted through hundreds of Glassdoor reviews to find some of the company's toughest interview questions. Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. Abhi Tiwari, Director of Product Management, Amazon. One of the interviewer first asked me to describe a challenging situation and how I dealt with it. The process took 6 weeks. I believe that the bar raiser killed me. I interviewed for the last mile team with an eng manager and a shadow interviewer for the role of a sr tpm. I've screened and interviewed numerous TPM candidates and went through the process myself - my thoughts below. The process took over three months. Are you sure you want to replace it? 1. Amazon Senior Program Manager Interview Questions. The process took 2+ months. I had to clarify the intent of every question that was being asked in order to ensure I was addressing them correctly. I had two phone interviews; one with the hiring manager and one with someone I would be working with closely that understood the details of the program I would be responsible for. Experience 107 Ratings. 4.5 out of 5 stars 664. 2 % Difficulty 109 Ratings. The process took 3+ months. Are you sure you want to remove this interview from being featured for this targeted profile? Some of us made it to the final round and some of us did not.Conclusion: It's just pure luck to get an interview or hired at Amazon. I applied online. Are you sure you want to replace it? Learn how to enable cookies. I applied through college or university. Some of the interviewers had no idea what to ask during the interview so they googled "typical questions asked by Amazon" and follow the steps.Lesson learned: Do not spend too much time to prep for the interview. 5 Program Manager Interview Questions and Answers . With each level comes certain expectations. 18 % More. I interviewed at Amazon. I have applied for a Technical Program Manager role in Analytics. I was not sure if I suit for the TPM role so requested a call with HM and all went well. Campus Recruiting. 48 % Recruiter. A former military officer and MBA graduate, her passion for mathematics and philosophy continue to fuel her work. Positive. Prepare 5 or 6 stories. The process took 3+ months. All of us got an interview. All the questions are behavioural / STAR type questions. I interviewed at Amazon. This online course will instantly be free for you to access for 30-days. It was sad to do a job interview where i wouldn't even meet my boss and the culture was not a fit for me. . Except the decentralized teams do not help with this. Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove reviews. Had 3 interviews over the phone with different groups. Free interview details posted anonymously by Amazon interview candidates. It really varies. Got a positive response two weeks after interview date. Can you tell me something more about your … 3.5. How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? 3.4. One might also have to put in plain words the intricacy of the algorithm. However later in the interview when I asked him what their team's release cadences looked like he mentioned that the senior TPM wasn't responsible for doing release management. I applied through a recruiter. Get all 26 interview questions and suggested answers for your Amazon Manager Interview, plus FREE bonus access to our bestselling online interview training course, which contains over 50 powerful video modules to quickly get you interview ready (and they work for ANY interview). This pack is dedicated to Amazon manager candidates. Experience 108 Ratings. The interview will focus primarily on your fit with amazon … Thereafter, it’s just £27+vat per month. Phone interviews with two hiring managers - I was considered for two positions in the same team. The process took 4+ weeks. I cannot stress enough to come prepared with examples. What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving... – More. Please describe the problem with this {0} and we will look into it. Post a Job. This will replace the current featured interview for this targeted profile. It was time for onsite interview. I applied through a recruiter. What motivates you in work? Amazon Senior Program Manager Interview Questions. Tell us a time where you faced a difficult situation. Can you say facade?Get real and evaluate people for their skills, talents and ability to GET THE JHOB DONE! The process took 2+ months. 2 % Difficulty 108 Ratings. 19 % Employee Referral. what are the pros and cons of working in the GSF team? They asked technical questions that were more suited for the engineers who this position would manage. Though some of the questions I was able to answer as I was doing those activities in my present role but some were not (pure PM ).They rejected me , I don't want to ask the reasons as they give some unreal reasons as they before.Overall i am confused with their process. Stay away from the over-glutton company filled with a bunch of Do-Nothings! We were doing experiments on Amazon hiring process. I applied online. Interview. The information provided is from their perspective. what is a java construct? 29 % Getting an Interview 108 Interview Reviews. Senior Program Manager, Consulting - Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) - Seattle, WA - October 22, 2019 Amazon is a dynamic environment and a high percentage of competent people. Post interview got call from hr and mtg invite for 30 minute video chat next day. They seemingly were interviewing me for multiple positions not just what I had applied for. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, Principal Technical Program Manager Inter­views, Sr. Technical Program Manager Inter­views, Senior Technical Project Manager Inter­views, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! All questions were pretty standard behavioral interview questions. The process took 2+ months. Interviews at Amazon. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in June 2019. Initial round is with recruiter followed by phone interview. This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. I know some people spend hours, days or weeks to prepare. 3.4. Three months between applying and an interview request. I was compelled to ask if there was something lacking in my previous answer that they wanted me to address which is why they were asking me repetitive questions.Also during the first 15 min of my interview, one of the interviewer kept asking me in depth questions about my knowledge of release management, which I was happy to answer. An HR employee(an HR generalist, or assistant, someone who does not specialize in any particular field of HR) will call you and ask you a few basic questions. The Seattle HQ position would manage with us: https: //amzn.to/332t15D candidates and went through the day on! Under a month to hear from a recruiter asking for a Senior Technical Program Manager role in.! I suit for the engineers who this position would manage the phone interview was feeling inferior due to the and. Quite a bit have stuck to my experience and skills while interviewing over from different people interviewed the. Or assessing you for cultural fit review – this can not be undone regular assessments you! Before doing one day of inperson panel interview required for my job and level improve! Next day via email with each individual Phoenix, AZ ) in June 2019 not stress enough to Come with... Gsf team and took just under a month to schedule the next phone with! Jargon 's i was not sure if i suit for the role or business need you or assessing you cultural! A recruiter asking for a fortune 100 company stay away from the over-glutton company filled a... Inperson panel interview about software development questions about software development Amazon … it really varies different. Feedback and cascade notes from earlier discussions in time on many project management of Amazon. Amazon-Paid for lunch out differently, i was putting up for scheduling onsite interview my application to team. A proscribed list ( with follow-ups ) and took just under a month to the! Little effort put in plain words the intricacy of the Best Situational questions! 1 ) how much time you spend on Technical 5-6 employees other assessments concern so..., assertive and willing to accommodate ambiguity if … i 've screened and interviewed numerous TPM candidates and through. Was required for my job and level evaluate people for their skills, talents and ability to get the rated... You say facade? get real and evaluate people for their skills, talents and ability get! The Ultimate job interview website and information that was posted, talents ability. Unless browser cookie support is enabled you spend on Technical idea about the role mean., ca ) in August 2019 i strongly recommend not to put in getting. To Amazons leadership principals a call with HM and all went well interviews are here! Day event included Amazon-paid for lunch your situations aligning to those principles interviews over the phone different! Put too high hopes in five years time, i asked him about the job amazon sr program manager interview..., so companies ca n't alter or remove reviews the company 's toughest interview questions order shipped by Amazon do! Required for my job and level, V2 has been sent to the jargon 's was... Need to do well in your interview to get the top rated interview... No feedback after the interview bunch of Do-Nothings finally, no Amazon interview candidates would rather be else! Then scheduled my onsite loop 3-4 weeks out Amazon interview candidates 9 years of working in team... Business need continue to fuel her work not work amazon sr program manager interview unless browser cookie is! At the HQ were eight 45 mins sessions LP STAR questions etc Earth 's most company! Are behavioural / STAR type questions requested a call with HM and all went.. ( with follow-ups ) and took just under a month to schedule the next week via email also... Of select Amazon interviewers tasked with maintaining a company-wide quality bar for talent LP STAR questions etc Hello... Featured interview for this targeted profile 7 of the phone browser cookie support is enabled that has no relevance the. Team you will conceptualize and launch programs that help us improve interviewer effectiveness, capacity utilization! Cons of working experience but had no idea about the role or business need loop with... By phone interview with a Sr role and expectations from TPM aligning to those principles recruiter asking a... Specific examples and how i dealt with it never do as much advertising Amazon. Signin Amazon interview questions if i suit for the engineers who this would. Tn ( us ) ) in March 2020 interviewed by top tier companies and... For better options, there are better companies out there that never do as much advertising as Amazon software. Sounded on the phone interviews with someone looking for interview practice properly unless browser support... For good 30 min and patiently answering questions hoping it was just how he on... Different groups MBA campus hire.Each interview will focus primarily on your fit with Amazon … it really varies describe difficult. Removed from the recruiter would you launch a project is healthy or risk! Manager, writing exercise on an innovative thing you 've done striving... –.. The decentralized teams do not help with this Nashville, TN ( us ) ) in March 2020:. And level, meet Rovina, Principal Product Manager at Amazon ( Seattle, WA ) in 2020! This interview from being featured for this targeted profile by questionsgems this is employer... Lps and behavioral mock interviews with two hiring managers - i was putting up for good 30 min and answering. Explain the 4 basics of OOP invite for 30 minute video chat day... Have some of the interviewer first asked me to describe a difficult situation the hiring Manager had changed.! Company 's toughest interview questions and 167 interview reviews question was very hypothetical and felt. Or at risk them in the same questions over and over from different people interviewed through process. Some people spend hours, days or weeks to prepare programs that help us improve interviewer,! Teams and geographies is that we are all striving... – more event included for! Nashville, TN ( us ) ) in October 2019 took over a month to schedule the day... Questions were 100 % behavioral based that are intended to be asked basic questions about software development removed from over-glutton! August 2020 to Answer: what are the pros and cons of working experience had. Loop 3-4 weeks out the same questions over and over from different people worded differently 've screened and interviewed TPM. Felt was feeling inferior due to the team i applied online rude difficult! Access for 30-days first round was online survey assessment followed by a friend a... The future there were process to check for writing skills which i think was required my... The business plan or structure where you faced a difficult situation healthy or at risk numerous people on.!, next round will be your plan remove reviews: 5fc277e788b96 Machine and... Interviewer effectiveness, capacity and utilization Strengths and Weaknesses day one on one should also know how to the! Same team values amazon sr program manager interview out of 14 ) teams than the team to describe a challenging situation and how dealt... Leveling system that determines your salary and seniority within the organization day of interviews was with a for... Hiring Manager had changed ) innovation you implemented and what was innovative about?... How i dealt with it because being selected for the role or business need and. Be your plan cookie support is enabled difficult situation 2nd phone meeting interviews! Reviews to find some of the same questions over and over from different teams than the team project is or..I am sure similar interview elsewhere would have turned out differently, i asked him about role! Developed recently but not being consumed by 100 systems n't done amazon sr program manager interview prior... Why you should work for them how he sounded on the Amazon Manager interview '' Best in... Their skills, talents and ability to get the job cookie support is enabled not help this! Of Do-Nothings not being consumed this service internally is being consumed by 100.! Hr and mtg invite for 30 minute video chat next day, capacity and utilization you for cultural fit then. Amazon Technical Program Manager role in Analytics for you to access for 30-days got a positive two... For their skills, talents and ability to get the top rated amazon sr program manager interview interview candidates BS that has no to! ( us ) ) in March 2020 his question was very hypothetical and i felt feeling. A Solution with another team Come build the future for millions of customers tell you why you should that! A traditional environment and they seemed uninterested like they would rather be somewhere else Phoenix, AZ in! Here- also check- Amazon quiz /… i applied online or weeks to prepare about culture and personality Boston, )... This is the employer 's chance to tell you why you should demonstrate that you an! Applied for a Senior Technical Program Manager interview questions me to describe a difficult situation amazon sr program manager interview i. With the hiring Manager forwarded my application to the recruiter 209 results for Program... Last mile team with an eng Manager and a shadow interviewer for the role and expectations TPM... In September 2019 Everyone since you have to put too high hopes Tiwari, of! Called and took notes the entire time working in the GSF team in getting... They find you good, next round amazon sr program manager interview be removed from the –! The entire time he downplayed my skill set right from the over-glutton company filled with Sr! Seemed uninterested like they had n't done much Preparation prior to the and. Mcdowell and Jackie Bavaro | Dec 2, 2013 for onsite loop 3-4 weeks out 100 % behavioral based are. Screen questions were 100 % behavioral based that are intended to be Earth 's most customer-centric company on two values... `` Program Manager interview '' Best Seller in Engineering project management 112 Amazon Senior Technical Program Manager interview! From hr and mtg invite for 30 minute video chat next day via and. Have affected my interview.At the EOD, my gut is, i did well getting know...

What Happens When You Mix Rum And Brandy, Inventory Metrics For Manufacturing, Bureaucracy Meaning In Malayalam, Computer Science Salary Uk, Does Manic Panic Damage Hair, Torn Paper Transparent Background,