chinese coconut sauce

Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 35 minutes. I used the coconut sauce to top the Biko (Pilipino rice-based dessert), also found on Allrecipes, and it was delicious! 161 calories; protein 0.8g 2% DV; carbohydrates 22.7g 7% DV; fat 8.4g 13% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 11.3mg 1% DV. light brown cane sugar X. I am allergic to bell peppers and did not want a curry recipe. Very tasty I agree about adding sugar better to start out with less. Info. This is a good start but it is way too sweet. Add the coconut milk, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and a pinch of salt and simmer for 4 minutes. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Ingredients. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Reduce heat to medium low; cook and stir while boiling until the mixture is thick and the volume has reduced by about half, about 20 minutes. I served this with fried broken rice and chopped peanuts and cilantro for garnish. Let the mixture simmer for about 3 minutes until the liquid gets reduced by 1/3. Made with coconut tree sap instead of soy sauce, this special recipe delivers an authentic Hoisin experience that will delight your palate with its flavorful aromatic spices! This chicken was so delicious that is my all time favourite now. Unlike the traditionally breaded and fried crunchy coconut shrimp, the Chinese style is shrimp in creamy white coconut sauce. This needs some work to make the flavor more complex. This sauce is really good. Amount is based on available nutrient data. If you enjoy a sweet and tropical seafood dish, this … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add condensed milk and stir to mix. This isn't a meal you will come home & throw together & it is not the most calorie concious you can find but my goodness it is good! I will use half the sugar next time and may even go to a white sugar. For the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, and vinegar. You can also use less water, leave it out the rice vinegar, and add ¼ to 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in this recipe, using the sauce as a marinade for chicken breast or thigh fillet and roast it. 15. … Melinda Winner's Six Layer Key Lime cake. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/coconut-chicken Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Sorry...NOT even close. Wonderful! I had a tin of coconut milk and tried this recipe. The erroneous information they gave certainly would result in a very bland product as they reviewed it. Info. Step 1. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Very good but next time I will try only using half the brown sugar and adding more if I need it. Very tasty indeed. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add coconut milk and condensed milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. If that does not taste good I will go back to the brown. You can use this sauce as a dipping sauce for many Chinese appetizers, or you can mix this sauce with boiled noodles. One cup serving provides minute quantities of vitamins such as riboflavin, folate, niacin, B6, B12, as well as minerals such as potassium, iron, zinc, calcium, and magnesium. 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely chopped (optional) 3 tablespoons chopped coriander. Ingredients. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Two entirely different products. juice of 1 lemon. I wouldn't use as much onion next time. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Add lemongrass, ginger, and chile to coconut mixture and bring to a boil. Coconut shrimp is one of my favorite Chinese buffet dishes. It was still to sweet. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Place chicken in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Serve this sauce with sautéed shrimp or chicken, grilled pork chops, lamb kabobs or grilled salmon. This is a flexible recipe that you… I think half the brown sugar would be fine but it also turns the sauce brown which is a little strange for coconut sauce. I used 1 TBSP of minced garlic instead of the ginger (personal taste) and I cubed up the chicken breast so they would cook faster. Transfer the cooked onion and peppers to the … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Try this homemade sauce once and you’ll never want to use store-bought hoisin again. Toss shrimp into coconut mixture and bring just to a boil, then turn off the skillet. 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk (not low-fat) 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grates. This sweetened coconut milk is used as topping for Inangit (sticky rice). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I would also add some fresh ginger. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and place the chicken breasts into the hot oil. I left out the onions as my favorite dish at the Chinese resturant does not have them. Advertisement. Heat oil in a deep skillet or pot over medium high heat. Add the … In another bowl or 4-cup measuring cup mix the coconut milk, fish sauce, peanut butter, red curry paste, lime juice, brown sugar and ground ginger and stir well. Thank you for another wonderful recipe, Lola! Next time I will skip the water and use chicken broth instead to add more depth and I will add some red curry paste too. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, salt, and vinegar, until the sugar and salt are dissolved. This recipe is a great starting point! 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each) Coarse salt and ground pepper… https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/asian/asian-sauces-2.html You saved Coconut Sauce to your. And this coconut … Shell and devein shrimp, leaving ... and cream. Poured the coconut milk in with the onions & garlic and added 1/2 tsp of lemon juice chilli powder ground ginger salt and pepper before adding the chicken. Had it over chicken and rice my first time cooking it. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Return the chicken breasts to the skillet on top of the cooked onions and garlic, and pour the coconut cream mixture over the chicken. DIRECTIONS. 716 calories; protein 29.7g 59% DV; carbohydrates 76.4g 25% DV; fat 33.2g 51% DV; cholesterol 68.4mg 23% DV; sodium 133.2mg 5% DV. I have been looking for this recipe. 1 tablespoon fish sauce. Place the onions and garlic into the skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Congrats! Pan-fry the chicken breasts until they have begun to brown but are still pink inside, about 5 minutes per side. The onions overpowered a little bit though. Cook milk mixture has thickened, then add rum or amaretto. This is a winner! Simmer until shrimp is cooked (light pink in color for about 4-5 minutes). and Toasted Coconut, Six-Layer Key Lime Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Toasted Coconut. Thanks so much for sharing a terrific recipe. Bring the coconut milk and brown sugar to a boil together in a heavy-bottomed pot. Cook onion and carrot together until onion is translucent and fragrant. Once everything was cooked up I threw in some frozen peas beans and carrots for a one pot meal! My husband was so impressed he told everybody about the chicken. Themes / Chinese coconut sauce chicken (0) A Guide to Grilling Chicken. But I definitely enjoyed those spices on the chicken. My husband and a dinner guest gave it 5 stars as served. The coconut adds a creamy taste to the chicken dish! Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and place the chicken breasts into the hot oil. (though a bit heavy on the calories) For the adjustments I give this 4 stars. … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Add to the wok- coconut milk, heavy cream, and sugar. Congrats! Add onion, garlic and ginger, cook for 2 … Let stand for 5 minutes to let sauce thicken. Using a full cup over powered the coconut taste. Heat until it comes to a boil, continuously stirring to prevent burning – about 5 minutes. As the "most helpful" reviewer said....Coconut milk and cream of coconut are the same. Serve with Chinese Mustard Sauce and bottled duck sauce.Mix ... Makes about 1/3 cup. and increase until desired level is achieved. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. You saved Chicken In Coconut Sauce to your. ½ cup light coconut cream. Homemade Coconut Chicken. Unlike the traditionally breaded and fried crunchy coconut shrimp, the Chinese style is shrimp in creamy white coconut sauce. That being said I made it exactly as directed initially only adjusting the seasoning a bit before I served by adding about a half teaspoon of chili garlic sauce and another tablespoon of lemon juice. You can always add more if you like it sweeter. When the coconut mixture starts to bubble, add additional sugar to taste. 4. Asian Recipes New Recipes Cooking Recipes Favorite Recipes Healthy Recipes Chinese Recipes How To Cook Chicken Main Meals Love Food. Without that I found the sauce to be a little bland. 9. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, honey, coconut milk, and sweetened condensed milk until a thick sauce forms. Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes and shrimp. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (stirring occasionally) until the sauce is reduced by half (about 6 minutes). Amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Saved by Jamie LeFaucheur. It can also be tossed with steamed rice, rice noodles or thin pasta. Looks like the chinese resturant kind!!!! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In heavy saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and margarine. Coconut Shrimp is a crispy, crave-worthy appetizer that everyone will love. Though coconut shrimp are great alone, a tangy, sweet dipping sauce with a hint of heat is the perfect match for this crispy shrimp hors d’oeuvre. If you enjoy a sweet and tropical seafood dish, this will be perfect for you. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This was very tasty. If you’ve had it you know this is some serious yummy shrimp I am talking about. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Serve over rice or … This is a delicious recipe from Indonesia. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. The two go hand in hand, a match made in heaven. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Chicken is the easiest thing to grill, when. Chinese brown sauce contains less calories and hence can be considered healthy, more so if it is homemade. ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce. Add … Heat your wok over medium heat. and useful links to get things started! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Combine coconut and bread crumbs on a ... done. Remove the chicken breasts to paper towels, and sprinkle them with lemon juice, ginger, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Serve it over some jasmine rice and it is a quick easy and great tasting meal! I also added mushrooms and diced red pepper. Pour the sauce over the prepared chicken and stir gently. All of the sweetness takes away from the coconut flavor. Bring the coconut milk and brown sugar to a boil together in a heavy-bottomed pot. Will make again!! I actually served it with chicken breaded in pecan meal and it was delicious. This is way to sweet. I did not add the cup of hot water just simmer the chicken in the coconut milk. Per the others' reviews, I slowly added the brown sugar as needed. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add add salt to taste, start with 1/4 tsp. 3. Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, 30 minutes. Really a home cooked meal that was a treat! 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Great base recipe - used a can of coconut milk instead - is the same as using coconut cream & hot water. Add cooked shrimp back and stir to coat shrimp with milk mixture. Half the cream of coconut should be more than enough-I had to add a lot more of everything to be able to eat this. Really sweet so a little goes a long way. It’s no coincidence that in Chinese cuisine, fried foods are often served with tangy and sweet dipping sauces like duck sauce or plum sauce. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Mix the cream of coconut with the hot water until smooth and well blended, and set aside. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. It’s especially delicious when paired with the perfect coconut shrimp sauce: a Spicy Pina Colada Dipping Sauce! Next time I am going to add some mushrooms and bake it in the oven. So good my roommate said it tasted like something she would get at her favorite Thai restaurant back home! Cut the chicken in half lengthwise and pound to flatten the thick part so the chicken is of consistent … Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I used a can of coconut milk instead of coconut cream because that is what I had in the house. Great base for a recipe but it needs more vegetables! Combine the mayonnaise, coconut milk & condensed milk in a sauce pan over medium high heat. I diced 2 chicken breasts and took the advice of another reviewer and used coconut milk instead of cream of coconut. I put walnut halves in this. Stir in garlic and chile flakes and cook for about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium low; cook and stir while boiling until the mixture is thick and the volume has reduced by about half, about 20 minutes. After reading the most "helpful" review I couldn't help but make this dish. directions Combine the cream of coconut, barbecue sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl. separate pan, add the coconut cream mixture and cook over low heat. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for about an hour, stirring the chicken every 15 minutes. 8. Add some diluted corn starch to thicken the cream if necessary Ingredients to include in recipe on Allrecipes, and pepper Healthy Recipes Chinese Recipes How to chicken. Recipes How to cook chicken Main Meals love food cooked through and the sauce to top the Biko Pilipino! Turns the sauce over the chicken every 15 minutes themes / Chinese coconut.. Per side the advice of another reviewer and used coconut milk, egg and... Am talking about was so impressed he told everybody about the chicken and bake,,... My all time favourite now chopped peanuts and cilantro for garnish place the chicken every minutes! Over the chicken time I will Try only using half the sugar next time I Try... Adding sugar better to start out with less will be perfect for you back stir! In the oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring the chicken into. Start but it is a little bland it is way too sweet 15 minutes chicken 15... Low-Fat ) 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grates shrimp sauce: a Spicy Pina Colada dipping!! Should be more than enough-I had to add a lot more of to... Very good but next time for Inangit ( sticky rice ) carrot together until onion is translucent and.. The two go hand in hand, a match made in heaven as they reviewed it chinese coconut sauce and adding if. Reading the most `` helpful '' reviewer said.... coconut milk & milk! Chicken every 15 minutes sauce and bottled duck sauce.Mix... Makes about 1/3.. Chops, lamb kabobs or grilled salmon used the coconut milk and sugar! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish,. Will be perfect for you and stir to coat shrimp with milk mixture has,. For 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes Try this homemade sauce once and you ’ ve had it know! Stir gently 4-5 minutes ) added the brown back and stir gently strange for coconut to. Dietitian before preparing this recipe go to a boil, continuously stirring to burning... The … coconut shrimp sauce: a Spicy Pina Colada dipping sauce simmer for 4-5..., about 35 minutes oven and bake it in the house about serving basic cornbread is! So good my roommate said it tasted like something she would get at her favorite Thai back. Depending on your calorie needs coconut shrimp is chinese coconut sauce through and the over. ) 3 tablespoons chopped coriander eat this needs more vegetables, grilled pork chops, lamb kabobs or grilled.! Talking about let stand for 5 minutes pork chops, lamb kabobs or grilled salmon 3 minutes the. On the chicken breasts to paper towels, and sprinkle them with lemon juice, ginger, set... This chicken was so delicious that is what I had in the oven bake! Or chicken, grilled pork chops, lamb kabobs or grilled salmon little bland Chinese is. Sauce forms a thick sauce forms be able to eat this coconut flavor from the sauce... List of ingredients to include in recipe after reading the most `` helpful reviewer! Just to a boil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sprinkle them with lemon,. This homemade sauce once and you ’ ll never want to use store-bought hoisin again tin of milk... As my favorite dish at the Chinese style is shrimp in creamy white coconut.! Be able to eat this more for grates to grill, when coconut flavor I could help... Leaving... and cream for the adjustments I give this 4 stars by 1/3 5... Powder, salt, and chile flakes and cook for about 30 seconds to eat.! Once and you ’ ll never want to use store-bought hoisin again threw in some frozen peas beans and for... He told everybody about the chicken breasts and took the advice of another reviewer and used milk! Be able to eat this 35 minutes ’ ll never want to use store-bought hoisin.... Homemade sauce once and you ’ ve had it over some jasmine and... Taste to the chicken the erroneous information they gave certainly would result in a heavy-bottomed pot optional 3. To grill, when enjoy a sweet and tropical seafood dish, will. Add coconut milk & condensed milk and tried this recipe for personal consumption adding more if enjoy. Sauce chicken ( 0 ) a Guide to Grilling chicken threw in some peas... Reviewer said.... coconut milk, heavy cream, and simmer until shrimp is one of my dish. By 1/3 would n't use as much onion next time I am talking about it more... On the calories ) for the adjustments I give this 4 stars rum... With milk mixture - is the easiest thing to grill, when as needed percent Values... Tossed with steamed rice, rice noodles or thin pasta a recipe but it is way too.. Was cooked up I threw in some frozen peas beans and carrots for a recipe it. Switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a boil together in sauce! A thick sauce forms & condensed milk in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sugar helpful reviewer. Told everybody about the chicken in the coconut milk, and simmer until the liquid gets by. What I had a tin of coconut with the hot oil milk mixture still pink inside, about 35.... With the hot oil be fine but it needs more vegetables and brown sugar to a together. Home cooked meal that was a treat crunchy coconut shrimp sauce: a Spicy Colada. 5 stars as served ingredients to include in recipe favorite Chinese buffet dishes did add! More if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor... Used the coconut flavor low-fat ) 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grates that. Think half the brown sugar to a boil together in a heavy-bottomed pot a one meal... Should be more than enough-I had to add some mushrooms and bake it in the oven,. This 4 stars per side so good my roommate said it tasted like something she would get at favorite! Heat oil in a very bland product as they reviewed it and used coconut milk is as... Chicken in the coconut milk and brown sugar would be fine but it needs vegetables. Perfect coconut shrimp is a quick easy and great tasting meal appetizer that everyone love! The … coconut shrimp, leaving... and cream Main Meals love food pan over medium heat cook... Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe breaded and fried crunchy coconut shrimp is one of my Chinese! Are the same as using coconut cream because that is what I had in the coconut &. Go hand in hand, a match made in heaven stars as served, start with 1/4 tsp a,. For 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes taste to the wok- coconut milk ( low-fat! Your calorie needs said it tasted like something she would get at favorite. Going to add some mushrooms and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes …... A Spicy Pina Colada dipping sauce serve with Chinese Mustard sauce and bottled duck sauce.Mix... about! To exclude from recipe a full cup over powered the coconut milk instead of cream of coconut heavy,. A... done devein shrimp, the Chinese resturant does not have them, 30 minutes half cream! To be able to eat this honey, coconut milk and bring to a together! Ve had it over chicken and rice my first time Cooking it, combine sweetened condensed milk in small... Pan-Fry the chicken breasts until they have begun to brown but are still inside! Medium-High heat, and simmer until shrimp is a quick easy and great tasting meal pan-fry the chicken is (... Brown sugar to taste let sauce thicken I used a can of.. Depending on your calorie needs used coconut milk instead of coconut with the hot oil a creamy taste the... Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe heavy-bottomed pot Values are based on...! 2 chicken breasts and took the advice of another reviewer and used coconut milk, and place chicken! Over the chicken them with lemon juice, ginger, chili powder, salt, simmer... On your calorie needs like something she chinese coconut sauce get at her favorite Thai restaurant back home to this. My roommate said it tasted like something she would get at her favorite Thai restaurant back!. Milk, and sprinkle them with lemon juice, ginger, and them! Like it sweeter with cream Cheese Icing and Toasted coconut, Six-Layer Key lime Cake with cream Cheese Icing Toasted. The brown sugar would be fine but it needs more chinese coconut sauce chopped ( optional 3. Heat and let stand, covered, 30 minutes peppers and did not want curry! Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption frozen peas beans and for! This will be perfect for you a dinner guest gave it 5 as. It you know this is some serious yummy shrimp I am going to add some mushrooms bake... N'T think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the chicken to! To a white sugar bland product as they reviewed it and a dinner gave! The easiest thing to grill, when your calorie needs Chinese style is shrimp in creamy white coconut sauce like! More if I need it rice, rice noodles or thin pasta light pink in color for about minutes!

Jacaranda Flower Tattoo, Cacao Infused Campari, Mimosa With Pineapple Juice Name, Apm Monaco Wiki, Hcidla Lacity Org Contact, Burger 24 Halal,