npm ci production only

npm 7 is a major release that comes with new features including workspaces and improved support for package lock file. YAML snippet # npm # Install and publish npm packages, or run an npm command. Use npm ci to install production-only dependencies, like npm install --production or npm install --only=production. Current Behavior: npm ci --production installs dependencies marked as dev in package-lock.json. NPM allows to install dependencies defined for your project via package.json.. The second while loop iterates over the same list but runs the npm publish command in each directory, setting the access to public. link. deployment -- or any situation where you want to make sure you're doing a clean npm ci. Current example has only 1 stage named deploy_production. ^1.2.0 ). In my last article, I compared the popular front-end build tools Grunt and Gulp, and talked a bit about how they are still relevant as an alternative to Webpack.I also mentioned an up-and-coming alternative that I didn’t really go into: npm scripts. $ npm-check-unused ../foo # Check another path. In short, the main differences between using npm install and npm ci are: # keep the npm cache around to speed up installs, If dependencies in the package lock do not match those in. There are 3 stage types in GitLab CI by default. The free npm Registry has become the center of JavaScript code sharing, and with more than one million packages, the largest software registry in the world. npm search shows title, username, version and description defined in your package.json. I use GitLab CI for the project, and the first step of the process is npm install. --debug Show debug output. Yes, that's the real number with the module's current package.json– I'm just a… We run this action on Node.js versions 12.x and 14.x to ensure compatibility across both Node.js LTS versions. In summary: npm install reads package.json to create a list of dependencies and uses package-lock.json to inform which versions of these dependencies to install. npm install @npm:: Install a package under a custom alias. These types are required for GitLab CI to maintain the proper order of execution. Npm scripts are defined in your package.json and allow you to run CLI commands using the npm run